Friday, October 18, 2013

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

Welcome to the Holidays From the Heart Blog Hop featuring the NEW items from CTMH's Holiday Guide.  Once you've checked out my project, you will see a whole BUNCH of lovely project links below...go check each and every one out and leave some love!



Season's Greetings will soon be heard on a regular basis.  Christmas will be coming soon,  Shortly after Thanksgiving, I will start addressing and mailing my Christmas cards.  I have started early this year, so hopefully I will not have any last minute panics to make more cards.

In the Holiday Catalog, Close To My Heart has several Christmas stamp sets.  The 2 stamps I used come from the set Santa Claus, on page 5 in the Holiday catalog.  Here is the card I made.



On a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of white cardstock, I made my own background paper, using ruby ink  and stamping with the saying, "Santa Claus is coming to Town", all over, then took a small snowflake stamp from the same set and stamped with Outdoor Denim in the white spaces.  

I stamped my Santa Claus twice; once on 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" piece of white cardstock with outdoor denim, then on a scrap piece of Ruby cardstock with Ruby ink.  I cut the hat off the Ruby Santa, and glued the hat onto the white cardstock Santa. I mounted this on a 2" x 2 3/4" ruby cardstock, then mounted it again on a 2 1/4" x 3" piece of Outdoor Denim cardstock.  

 I finally stamped the Ho! Ho! Ho! stamp in Outdoor Denim on three pieces of 1" x 1" square white paper in outdoor denim ink, which I then mounted on a 1 1/4" square of Outdoor Denim cardstock.  

After I put the card together, I mounted the entire card on a piece of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" Outdoor Denim cardstock.   

This was a lot of fun.  I haven't made my own background paper in a while.  I think this is one card that will be sent to some of those people on my Christmas card list.  I hope you enjoyed the card.  If you would like to purchase this stamp set, or any of our other stamp sets, you can purchase it here, at my website, www.ConnieCreates.ctmh.com



5 comments: